The DAAD presented the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences with the opportunity to nominate and host up to four international PhD students in 2017 and 2018 (two students a year). These DAAD scholarships are being awarded in the frame of the "DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme" (GSSP).
A DAAD scholarship can be awarded for up to three years. The scholarships are initially granted for one year, an extension of the grant period will depend on positive evaluation of the progress made in the past year.
The DAAD scholarship comprises:
- a monthly scholarship rate of 1,000 EUR
- a travel allowance depending on the country of origin
- a combined health, accident and liability insurance
- a study and research allowance of 460 EUR per year
- a rent and/or family allowance if applicable
To know more information about eligibility and how to apply, please visit this link: